Basic. Simple. My version is healthy and amazing.
Good food doesn’t have to have complicated unusual ingredients.
The type of tuna makes a huge difference. Part of what makes this tuna so great is that it is not a super wet salad. It will not make bread soggy. To accomplish this texture, draining the tuna is the key step.
1. Drain tuna. This recipe is for the large 12 ounce can. Press it through a strainer until there is no water at all. Seriously important.
2. Shred 1/2 to 1 small yellow onion and a stalk of celery. I use the large side of a cheese grater. After, I press all of the juice from this too. I have done this with small diced veggies but it really changes the flavor and texture. I perfer shredded.
3. Spices. 1/2 teaspoon Spike seasoning. 1/8 teaspoon of each black pepper and Himalayan salt.
4. Add 2 tablespoons of Miracle Whip.
5. Add juice of 1/2 of a small lemon. About 1 tablespoon.
This makes enough for about 3 sandwiches. It keeps in the fridge for 3-4 days.